We were awed by the simplistic beauty of the tents that we stayed in. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was pretty amazing. The sounds of the gruting hippos and overexcited birds eventually made my boyfriend crazy but didn't mind. The waitstaff and barstaff were so friendly! The management were not nearly as friendly and when we were questioning the incredibly high bill for our stay they were not very accomodating. The game drives, fees, taxes etc truly add up so just be careful - the room rate may look amazing but you're a lot of things are getting tacked on the bill behind the scenese. Also, I wouldn't stay there too long. As wonderful as the Masai is, it's exhausting waking up at 5:45 every morning in an open, bumpy, jeep constantly covered in dirt with only a crappy bagged lunch. We were SO thankful we planned a few days at the beach afterwards.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Jovago.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Mara Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Fairmont Mara Safari Hotel
- Mara Safari Club
- Fairmont Masai Mara National Reserve
- Masai Mara National Reserve Fairmont
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve