We spent three glorious nights at the Sarova Mara Game Camp on a safari last week. It was the third Sarova property we'd stayed at on the trip and it was certainly the best. The chain provides a superb service for those on safari - lots of good food served in copious quantities at the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets - many of the main protein dishes are prepared for you 'to order' as you wait. The variety and quality is great. The staff was courteous, solicitous, professional and friendly. When I needed to visit the medical clinic for a minor ailment, the camp Dr. (Marcus) was wonderfully friendly and concerned - and I left with the necessary medications - free of charge!!! The luxury tents are fun also - they allow you to hear the wildlife that wanders near the camp, but to enjoy privacy also. And, of course, the location is unsurpassed - you're right in the middle of amazing wildlife and the majestic meadows with views to every horizon are to die for. In short, I'd build any Kenyan safari around this wonderful property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve