Never sleeping in a tent before I was skeptical in what to expect. This tent was something I never would have expected. Large, teak flooring in the sleeping area, a large tiled permanent modern bathroom with all amenities excluding a hair dryer, large shower stall. The beds were comfy and we never had any problems with mosquitoes and insects. All precautions were taken by the staff. A dressing area with desk, a lot of zipper windows and a teak platformed siting area in the front of tent with teak patio chairs and table to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds of the wildlife. The lodge itself was all open air except the dining area and bar. The food was excellent and many different dishes to try. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly. The bar area was the evening meeting area to share photos and stories of the day. There is wifi but you have to pay for it considering the location of the Lodge. This is a secure location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve