This place is fantastic. Your greeted as soon as you get out of your vehicle with a wet cloth to wash your hands with. As soon as you walk across the bridge to reception your instructed to go to the bar and have a drink while they check you in. Your bags are carried to your tent and you are given a tour of your tent and how everything works. Elecricity is turned off from midnight to 4am. We chose a club tent which is by far as good as a 4 star hotel. Patio, walk in shower, comfortable beds with mosquito netting, dressing area, robes, slippers, mini bar, desk, turn down service and much more. No keys to your room, only zippers or doors on club tents. Property has electic fence, very safe. Food superb. Game drives twice a day with your driver guide, the most eciting part of all. The staff was superb. I highly recommend Sarova Mara! My only suggestion is to smooth the road going into camp, very rough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve