We recently stayed here for two nights in January and enjoyed it very much. Our tent had a comfortable king size bed, netting, and was very roomy. Similar to the other resorts, all meals were served buffet style. There was a wide variety of food and it was extremely good. Both soup and salads were “live prepared”. This meant someone would create them the way you liked - a very nice touch. The young lady who prepared the soup was a delight. Except for one exceptionally rude waiter at night, the staff was friendly if not terribly outgoing.
Electricity was turned off mid afternoon and late at night which was common in the tented camps. The tents had a hair dryer and a burner to get rid of insects. For such a nice place it was strange to have thin and somewhat worn towels. The young man who serviced our room (Tent 7) was very friendly and attentive.
Nice pool area, gift shop, bar, and lounge area.
Please note that the last 500 meters on the road to the resort were some of the roughest on our trip. The ride alone will give you a massage.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will recommend the Mara Sarova to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve