This was my first tent experience. The luxery tents in Sarova Mara Camp were an excellent experience. The toilet with running hot water was great. As we were three the tent seemed little cramped, but the experience was great. The food in all the meals were excellent, great variations in the buffet meals really impressed me.The way back to the tent after dinner was creepy, but I liked & enjoyed it. There are a few dikdiks inside the camp. There is massage facility in this hotel, but you have to book early or it is difficult to get appointments in between the game drives. The game drives in Masai Mara were great. This is the only park in Kenya & Tanzania where we saw six cheetas from very close + all the big five including a black rhino + a lion kill - just before our eyes !! ------- can you believe it ?? All in the same park !! Altogether it was a memorable experience in Masai Mara & Sarova Mara Camp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve