Mara Sopa Lodge
Amani Mara Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$690
  • Breakfast included
Mara Engai Wilderness Lodge(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,543
$1,427
  • Breakfast included
Mara Serena Safari Lodge(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$559
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$427
$348
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $473/night.

Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$998
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Entumoto Safari Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$603
Mara Leisure Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$277
  • Breakfast included
Olarro(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,370
$1,181
Priceline
Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,572
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$2,119
$1,964
SA Hotels
All reviewshot waterwalls are very thinhear everythingmain barbuffet stylelake naivasharooms are bigmasai dancingcertain times of the daymosquito netlounge areaswimming poolthe main areasbush babiespark entrancegame drivesgame park
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The lodge is luxurious (obviously from Masai Mara point of view). More like a resort it has all the facilities. The best part is the awesome dinner spread and the fact that they have designated dining space allotted for each of their guests in the restaurant. They packed lunch for us during our game drives which was also good. Rooms are big, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. However since you've to walk to your rooms do ask for a room closer to main area if you don't like walking!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ParagRaheja85
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was here in this Lodge 4 years ago and the same service was there again. The food is just great, everyone can find something. The rooms are very big and clean. I loved the curtains and the bed clothes. I looked for them later in Nairobi in Mombasa in the markets or in the shops but I could not find them.
We stayed 2 nights and in our second day we could enjoy the pool. It is such a nice feeling after a tiring safari sitting on the pool area and drinking cold Kenyan beer.
Around 22:00 they feed the hyenas in the out garden. That is an amazing event, seeing that the hyenas are scared from tha cats!!!!!
In the rooms the walls are very thin. You hear everything so be quiet!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a game drive to the Masai Mara.
The location is great for a 6:30 AM game drive, as it's on the Masai Mara. I was in a party of two couples two couples and we stayed in separate rooms next to each other. Not that it was an issue for us, but the walls were thin enough to hear each conversations.
One great thing about staying next to each other was that we were able to easily hangout that night on the porches.
We had a late lunch upon arrival, dinner that night, and some snacks to go in lieu of breakfast due to our early game drive.
The buffet selection at the Lodge was great and there was a wide selection of foods for vegetarians and meat eaters. Food quality was good, nothing to complain about.
With our short stay we did not have time to take a swim in the pool nor to walk around the grounds a lot.
The reception and restaurant customer service was excellent, but we had an issue with the service at the bar which we did not take to kindly to, but it could be due to a lack of experience.
Driving from Nairobi to the lodge took about sick hours with the last 3 hours on very dusty, and bumpy roads. You get to see quite a but of the country though. If this is not for you, I suggest flying which is what I would do the next time around.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room where the adjoining one is unoccupied as the walls are very thin.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I enjoyed Mara Sopa quite a lot. The staff is very friendly and the resort is beautiful. The food is above average but they can do better. They need to serve more local cuisines. They have free wi-fi in the bar area that is quite fast and efficient.
I don't understand the need for a pool. For a remote district like the Mara, that has such challenges with water, a pool is unnecessary. I doubt that guests come here to swim so what s the point of pools in Mara's resorts?
We travelled in early Dec and were able to see all the big 5. The Mara was not busy so everything was much more relaxed than when its high season. I would recommend this place, I found it quite satisfactory for the price we paid

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here whilst on a Safari tour as part of our deal.

I thought the hotel rooms were an excellent size and very clean. I did have a couple of issues however. Firstly there was no safe in our room and it had clearly been 'removed' from the wall. The only alternative we were offered was to leave all our things at reception. The rooms also have very thin walls. We could hear the snoring coming from rooms on both sides of ours! Unfortunate, I recognise, but frustrating non-the-less.

The meals were generic buffet standard, not great but not bad. One night we had a BBQ, but I was very disappointed to find they only cooked a certain amount of meat. We got there only 15 mins after dinner started serving but already they were almost out of one of the meats. I certainly recommend dining as soon as the restaurant opens to avoid having limited choice.

They offer activities in the hotel each night, such as a Masai warrior show and animal feeding, which is good if you want to be entertained.

The location is great as only 10 mins from the hotel and you are in the game park, and chances are you will see animals such as zebra around the hotel itself.

Wouldn't rush back to this lodge again, but wouldn't avoid it either if it was a good price in comparison to others in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends