Mara Sopa Lodge
Losokwan Camp Maasai Mara(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$832
$310
  • Breakfast included
Amani Mara Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$690
$658
  • Breakfast included
Olarro(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,370
$1,181
Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,572
  • Pool
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$427
$389
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$998
  • Breakfast included
Mara Engai Wilderness Lodge(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,543
$1,397
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Entumoto Safari Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$603
Mara Leisure Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$410
TripAdvisor
$2,119
Orbitz.com
All reviewshot waterwalls are very thinhear everythingmain barbuffet stylelake naivasharooms are bigmasai dancingcertain times of the daymosquito netlounge areaswimming poolthe main areasbush babiespark entrancegame drivesgame park
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Sorry to say, I hated this place and so did my two friends. We were three females and we were placed in the two rooms furthest from the main area. The area was creepy and the guards tended to sit far away: we felt scared and quite freaked out! The views are nice but it is a push to say you are inside the Mara - you have to drive for 15/20 minutes to get to the gate. The pool area was nice and we enjoyed the feeding of the bush baby and the animals at 10pm. That said, whether a hotel should throw out meat to encourage hyenas is another matter. My room was big but a bit grim - the bathroom was from the 60s and I couldn't even get the door to shut, luckily it was just me! There wasn't enough water for a hot shower. The food wasn't great and on my second night I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat. When we arrived they said there was tea and coffee free all day, but it was actually only during meal times. I ordered a pot of tea at 6.30pm and they refused to do it for free even though they put free tea out at 7pm when dinner starts. Not a huge deal I know, but I had just got back from an all day game drive so it just would have been nice! I wouldn't recommend this place, and certainly not for the prices they charge non-residents!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank goodthickskirt
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I honestly expected a little better out of a lodge at the Masai Mara. I stayed here as part of a 5 day safari organized by Silverbird Travel. I found the bed hard, and was kept awake by a dripping sound coming from the bathroom.

but I loved the environment - lots of comfortable couches and seats, indoors and outdoors. the bar man David is a friendly guy, and there's wifi in the evenings (which slows down when too many people use it). I spent a lot of time relaxing at the lodge when I wasn't out on a game drive.

the staff are friendly and very helpful, and there's always someone waiting to help you with your bags when you're going to check out, which is good because some of the lodges are a long walk from the main reception area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bleachedquasar
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well we did not enjoy the food at all.. The Hotel was good, housekeeping was excellent and so was the check-in brief also the bar man was so friendly. But the food manager was not very help full he did not even go around to ask if everyone was okay like other hotels.. The rooms are too far away which we used to hate to go to as to come back to the bar or restaurant was an issue.
They need to improve on their food as for the three days we were there we got the same boring food. Customer service is very important

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tanvi0911
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As opposed to another Sopa lodge I'd reviewed this one was run much better. An awful long walk to the rooms but there are nice chaps to help you with it all.
Nice rooms, nice general areas, great chefs, free wifi in a lovely bar area, great staff.
It's got everything you need to have a great base when discovering the Masai Mara.
Rough roads close to the location but what do you expect?
Very recommended

Room Tip: Try a balloon morning. We went on, not kidding, the Hot Air Balloon company. Can't praise it up enough.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great place. Nice and quiet location. The staff is friendly and makes everything possible to make you feel at home. Rooms are big and clean, bathroom is big with all the neccesary. The only issue is noise from the next room, but if you have the same hours is not a problem.
Food is good (not great), with a good variety and spices.
Will come back for my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple