Mara Sopa Lodge
Mara Engai Wilderness Lodge(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,543
$1,427
  • Breakfast included
Amani Mara Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$690
$658
  • Breakfast included
Mara Serena Safari Lodge(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$559
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$394
$348
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $473/night.

Mara Leisure Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$277
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,016
$973
  • Breakfast included
Entumoto Safari Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$603
  • Breakfast included
Olarro(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,370
$1,181
Priceline
Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,572
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$2,119
All reviewshot waterwalls are very thinhear everythingmain barbuffet stylelake naivasharooms are bigmasai dancingcertain times of the daymosquito netlounge areaswimming poolthe main areasbush babiespark entrancegame drivesgame park
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Mara sopa lodge is excellent to get in the mood for the safari. It's well kept, clean. and in the night you hear a lot of animals. We were fortunate enough to see an elephant walk close by our lodge

Room Tip: try getting a lodge at the outside row
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michiel N
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We did a mid year vacation as couples. It was a lovely tour, we had an awesome tour guide. The welcome at the hotel was very nice, and staff were pleasant throughout out stay and helpful. The cottages with the balcony were absolutely marvelous.

Food was great, and the evening feeding of the animals was epic.

Our only qualm was lack of attending staff in the pool area...and the pricing of the drinks is a bit steep. Additionally, sometimes in the lower area, the bar was not well stocked and "obvious" drinks would be missing.

Overall, a great place to stay in the Mara

Room Tip: Room 43 awesome views and balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G N
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice property ! The stay at Lodge was very relaxing and serene. Cottages give the true experience of enjoying the nature by not having phone connections in room , electricity and hot water only available for specific time. Hospitable staff and great service. Safari trips were organised very well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PDVS2301
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My travel partner and I stayed 2 nights, April 20 & 21, 2013. We were very pleased with our reception and our room. When we booked we were not aware that electricity and hot water had specific times of availability, but this did not prove to be problematic. Between time on Safari,in the pool, eating or just enjoying the huge fireplace in the bar area we actually never noticed it. We had one issue with our room and it was addressed immediately to our satisfaction. Someone near our room snored so loudly it woke me up. I spoke guest relations and they were going to move us but the offended checked out and it wasn't necesary, BUT we went back to our room and heard a loud family with younger children - we went back and asked to be moved. They moved us immediately to a very quiet comfortable room. All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: pool was very nice - changing room at the pool with towels
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 396SusanS
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Located in a woodsy riverine area, the Sopa surroundings made for a pleasant respite from the game drive. The room and the grounds are lovely, and the large fireplace in the main room was a pleasure to cozy up to, along with lounging at the pool. However, it’s a bit of distance to the game park on rough, bumpy dirt roads. It can also be a long walk to get from the lobby to your room, as the layout is very linear. Each thatched structure for accommodations has two rooms, and the wall separation was not well sound proofed. The food served was just average. The service was decent and staff were attentive and polite.

Bad news for those who require daily contact with the outside world - there is no Wi-Fi at the lodge, a sad statement these days for a four-star lodge. The bad news gets far worse now…the morning I checked out, my driver was told that the tour company I used to make the booking had not paid the lodge. The lodge manager was attempting to “work it out” with them, but until that happened, we were being denied exit from the lodge property (Sopa has a security gate). In effect, we were being held hostage. When my driver said this to me, I marched up to the reception desk and asked to speak to the manager. Ten minutes later he appeared and explained the situation. I told him that if he didn’t permit my driver and me to leave the premises immediately, I would contact the American Embassy. I walked away to call a contact in Nairobi for the U.S. Embassy number. After a few minutes my driver approached me to say we were free to go. This was no way to treat a guest who was not responsible for the payment snafu!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo