I stayed at Basecamp Explorer in the Masai Mara with my two kids (10 and 13) for a week this summer, and it's really a once in a lifetime experience (except that you just have to go back when you've once been there)!
The hotell is an eco-camp (and has won several prizes for it), and also has a very high standard on food and rooms. I could actually lie in my bed watching giraffes, wilderbeast, zebras+++ passing by on the savanna!
But what really struck us, was the meeting with the Masais! They are fantastic guides to the wildlife, and we had close-ups with several cheetahs, leopards and grazing hippos! And the kids loved learning to use a bow and arrow from a Masai, talking and singing in the evening by the fireplace and spend the hole day with them, finding hunting lions, crocodiles having thompson gazelles for dinner and the migrating wilderbeast and zebras crossing the mara river!
I can't imagine anyone regretting a stay at Basecamp Explorer in Masai Mara!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve