All AAA here, perfect location to go on game drives. Just be prepared that you are not the only only one out there.
Tents are great, food and service perfect. Manager Saif a really nice guy who will do anything to make you feel even more comfortable. Relocated us to a nicer tent upon request. No 16,15 and 5 are the best tents BTW.
Beware of the "Masai village visit". Entrance fee 20$, ok so far, nice dance and talk. However, in the end they get a little pushy trying to sell you 2$ jewelry for 50$ upwards.
Other than that a place in paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve