In late August we had an amazing experience at Basecamp Masai Mara, and at Eagle View, Kenya. Safari every day for 7 days, even 2 times a day.
Regarding Masai Mara: The experience of the ecotourism way. The Foundation where the women make and sell handy crafts of recirculated materials. The location where the camp was with 12 very special and great tents. It makes you think back to the nature. Beautiful view against the savannah, where the gnus migration, zebras, antelopes and other animals coming down to drink water in the little river near by. The sounds from the animals in the night, makes it so unbelievable fantastic. The great safari games at the savannah with our Masai host Moses. Regarding the safari; so lots of animals, the migration of wildebeest and zebras were moving, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, elephants, buffalo and all other kinds of animals that could be got to take part in their own area. Leopard was the only one of the big five who hid for us. It was probably to get us back again.
Everyone at the camp made these days unforgettable and beautiful.
Eagle View at 1600 meter was the next camp for 3 days: Here you meet the luxury in an other way. An amazing place with 9 luxury tents and still it was the ecotourism way. Two beautiful eagles welcoming us. The experience at the savannah with great safari games with our Masai host Derek whom showed us an elephant family, 3 lion families, hyena mother with her children. It was incredibly amazing. We had a walking safari for 2 hours and that was also fantastic experience. All the sounds in the night when you hear lions and hyenas having a kill. It makes you pinch you arm and asking, am I dreaming.
We felt it all. We wish every single person could experience this together with Basecamp Masai Mara and Eagle. And the very best to the owners with their way of helping the Masai people and all the animals.
Amazing experience. Hope we get back to Basecamp
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve