Just stayed there one night. Entrance is kind of bushy, but rooms are very nice, outdoor showers are outstanding. Rooms are quite large, with separate toilet, urinal, and sink areas. Clean and quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful. Sat with one for 1 hr and learned much about the local people and their culture. Meals were excellent, most had prepared standard breakfast but I had cook for order. Close proximity to park edge, and our game drive at 630am was amazing: life and death on the Mara observed firsthand. I wasn't supposed to stay here (was bait and switched by my travel agent Sardius Tours and Safaris (Nairobi)), but I would return and recommend strongly this place to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve