Having worked for some weeks with one of the Maasai educational projects Basecamp supports at Koiyake Guiding School, I had the amazing good fortune to spend three nights at Basecamp Masai Mara. Having come to know the Maasai people a little better it was wonderful to see their industry and experience their kindness and care in this glorious spot by the Talek river with views across the savannah. This is a most understated and luxurious camp, yet totally eco-friendly and ethically run. Game drives were amazing, and food and comfort was exceptional. I would highly recommend a stay here, or at their sister camp Eagle's View : it must rank as the experience of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve