My husband and I spent 2 nights at this lodge as part of the airtours splendours of Africa safari on our honeymoon. The lodge is fantastic. It's in a fantastic location, its in a valley with a hippo pool. Just outside the gates we found amazing amounts of wildlife. On our first game drive we found 7 Hyenas 200 metres outside the gates!
The hotel grounds are immaculate, the gardens are beautiful. Whilst we were there the maasai guard and the groundsman swapped places and the maasai gaurd was mowing the lawn and the groundsman was fending off the monkeys! The hippo pool is great, we spent hours there watching the hippos and wildlife around the pool. There were lots of baby hippos there when we were there. We also watched a couple of fights which was great for photos. They make the most amazing noises which you can hear from all over the lodge!
Our room was good. It was fairly large, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean.
The staff were brilliant. My husband was really ill for one of the days we were there and was unable to get out of bed. The staff were brilliant! Always asking how he was, taking tea to our room and helping me take my dinner to our room. Dikson inparticular was brilliant! If you need anything whist you are there hunt him down!
The gift shop was by far the best we went to, its huge! Its also better priced than any of the others we found in lodges.
I would recommend this lodge. The location is unreal. We saw so much wildlife in the mara. We saw lots of Cheetahs and lots and lots of lions (including cubs!). The lodge is also great. We will be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve