We stayed here three nights at the beginning of October 2009.
We love this lodge so much! This was a our third stay and it never disappoints.
We photographed numerous birds whilst walking around the lodge grounds, watched a few hours old Hippo take its first steps and numerous other game animals from the comfort of the Hippo bar! Other guests had seen a leopard drag a kill up the bank near the Hippo bar and lions hunting near the lodge entrance gate!
What more could you want from a safari base?
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The food choice and quality was excellent… next time we go back to Kenya we will base ourselves here for the whole holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travelocity, Jovago.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve