Soon after you pass Narok, a 100 km of unpaved, dusty, dry soil road brings you to this lodge in Masai Mara. A welcome drink and wet towel is offered on welcome. The property is unfenced, hence hippos and elephants frequently make visits. The cottages have a rustic look. There,s a kettle and tea coffee in the room. The meals are tasteful and a live station helps to make the experience delightful. With the meals, one has to buy water which is a little expensive. Tea and coffees are available with the meals on the terrace portico outside the restaurant area. At night, the grounds are quite dangerous if you are careless: the security of course escorts you to your cabins. Another feature in this place is the electric power shutdown 3 times a day. However an emergency light is available at night in all rooms. Internet is only available in the lobby area, not in the rooms. It is also chargeable. The staff is very friendly and helpful though. There,s a lobby bar for a drink or 2. We stayed 2 nights here, and enjoyed the safaris as almost everybody at the lodge got upclose to a pride of Lions. Really enjoyed it here. The food here is delicious too
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve