The grounds are beautiful as are the buildings, which were built in the 1960's. This was the first lodge built in the park and it remains today because of its charm and first class service. The staff are excellent, very friendly and always willing to help. The views of the Mara from the rooms is out of this world and we saw elephants, lions and hippos as well as many bird species while sipping wine on our private patio.
The meals are buffet with a wide variety of offerings from traditional Kenyan food to Indian and Chinese options. We did not have a bad meal during our stay.
Don't miss out on the hippo pool!
I would definitely return to Keekorok in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve