Keekorok is a pretty "traditional" hotel. Not a lot of charm or warmth -- which was a lot different than all the other places I stayed in Kenya. The facilities are all pretty fantastic, don't get me wrong, but there were just a TON of tourists there and it didn't seem like our stay was very special, since we were only a few of many. The food buffet always had great options, though the desserts were pretty disappointing, even though they looked amazing. The hippo bar was pretty neat for about 15 minutes. The rooms were just fine and the grounds were kept well, nice pool and leisure area with hammocks. It was an overall pleasant stay, but I would prefer to stay somewhere smaller, more intimate with a bit more character. Keekorok was a great place to stay but it just didn't live up to some of the other places I stayed in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve