The Keekorok is a wonderful place for family. I visited with my family and arrived to a mediocre lunch, but the hippo pool in the hotel with an amazing viewing deck compensated for that. Keekorok makes the stay interesting - a group of Masai tribesmen put up a show of their traditional culture which was quite entertaining. The downside was that I encountered a large frog in my room as well was 4-6 terrifyingly large bugs, but it's a small price to pay if you want to stay at a brilliant property. Travel arrangements and wildlife game drives were always pleasant events to look forward to and as a hotel, Keekorak is pretty brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve