We stayed here for two nights as the final leg of a safari trip before a week's R&R on the beach. We had a superb time - the staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming, and the rooms are excellent. One of our travelling companions and I had birthdays while here and the catering team made cakes for us to celebrate - mine was served up at breakfast as we were leaving that day but it is the thought that counts. Food is of a good standard and well presented. Spend time by the Hippo Pool watching these huge creatures come and go, and spot how many other animals you can see - there is a daily record by the bar there. A great spot for visiting the Masaai Mara too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve