A lovely welcome with a refreshing towel and cold drink. The staff here were excellent and so friendly.
The rooms we stayed in were fantastic with a huge glass window looking out onto the lawn. There is also a long walkway which leads to a lookout point for the hippo pool which turns into a bar in the evening to watch the hippos coming out of the water to graze which was spectacular. This was lovely to have a drink before dinner in the evening and made the lodge very memorable.
The swimming pool area was lovely and the pool attendant very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent with a good variety and the chefs would constantly be checking to replenish the food and were always very chatty. The lodge was very clean. I would highly recommend this lodge when visiting Maasai Mara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve