A delightful safari at Masai Mara, where we ended up seeing the big five. Travelling by flight from Nairobi the air stripe is very near to the resort where we were staying - Keekorok. The rooms are very comfortable with a keen eye to detail. The food in the restaurant is awesome, excellent and a great variety. The hippo pool is another great feature of the property. In the evening the Masai dancers performed and kept one mesmerised. A must trip with a great place to stay. The great migration also moves very close by and a treat to watch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve