This was the final stop on our safari tour and what a fantastic end it was. Like many safari lodges it is run on generators and they have power off times to conserve energy, unfortunately due to a medical condition I need power through out the night. This was simply fixed with no fuss. Rooms were very comfortable, we stayed in the individual huts at the front of the lodge which 'looked the part!'
The staff were very attentive and we particularly made friends with one of the security men, Job, who was always ready to escort us to and from our rooms and went out of his way to take us to the hippo viewing bar and showed us all sorts of other animals and plants on the way.
Exceptional service all round.
The food was very good, and as a person with a food allergy, the service was once again exceptional as there was always someone on hand to guide me round every dish to know what I could and could not eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve