I just stayed here a little over a week ago and was very pleased with the accomodations, the lodge itself, the surrounding grounds, the entire staff and the food! I might not have found this lodge on my own, but because I traveled with Gate 1 Tours, they once again managed to select yet another fantastic hotel far in the middle of seemingly nowhere! Just when you think the lobby entryway to the lodge is impressive enough, they continued to amaze me with the guest rooms and buffet dining experience. It appeared as if most rooms had their own little patio sitting area, where you could relax and watch the monkeys frolic about in the afternoon. (The staff warned us to keep our doors closed, as the monkeys liked to steal things from people's rooms if left open!). At night, I was always accompanied back to my room by one of the hotel staff members and each night, the bed was turned down and the mosquito nets were drawn over the bed. I personally never had a problem with mosquitos, but I was happy to see the netting, regardless.
Each meal there, served buffet style, was delicious and varied enough to satify even the pickiest of eaters. I was thrilled to have lentils and vegetables daily. And I should not forget to mention the bar overlooking the large pond of happy hippos! I should also mention that Samson, the bartender at the Hippo Overlook Bar, was lovely, sociable and very welcoming each night we were there. This hotel was wonderful and in the perfect spot to go out on a game drive daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve