GREAT lodge, in a great location. The room bright & comfortable, food...ok. Not great, but ok. Staff...fabulous! From the moment you are met by staff in traditional Masai dress and escorted to your room to the evening escorts by flashlight, everyone is friendly, helpful and kind. NEVER in my dreams would I think monkeys, baboons, zebra, antelope and hippos would walk up on the lawn directly to our room, but they surely did! Watch out for those thieving little monkeys - we lost a container of Nutter Butters, a protein bar and an apple to them! One night, after shooing hippo away from the porch of our room, a security man took us with him to look for an elephant that he needed to find & "persuade" to leave the property....really, it was amazing. He then engaged with us in a wonderful conversation about his life as a Masai & his adventures to Uganda (as far as he'd ever been). All in all, a great lodge & a great stay. Mosquito nets were very nice, we could have used those at the lake resort! Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve