We had some days at Keekorok lodge in the end of September 2013. We loved the place! Especially the nearness to the surrounding animals of the Masai Mara National Park was fantastic. And the Hippo Pool was a very interesting place. To see the wild hippos fight and "quarrel" in the little pool was really amazing! In the night we could see the hippos come up from their pool and graze not more than 10 meters from our building.The food was very good as was the cleaning! The staff took very good care of us and they were very friendly! We enjoyed our stay very, very much and we long back most every day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve