This was our third lodge in 3 days and our base for the Masai Mara. Our room was quite a distance from reception but that meant we looked directly on to the bush - at night hippos came right up to our terrace and we could stand on the terrace in the dark and watch giraffes silhouetted against the night sky - the location is simply stunning.
The staff in the lodge were a real credit to the company - all very friendly and wanting to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Special thanks to Samson in the Hippo Bar who made our time watching the hippos very enjoyable.
Only slight niggle were the huge marauding hordes of Chinese tour groups. These took over the restaurant as if there own, consumed large amounts of alcohol and created huge noise. It felt like a Beijing school canteen rather than Africa at meal times. Don't let this put you off a great lodge though - just be prepared for it at meal times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve