Travel was done in Oct 2008.This was one of the most amazing properties we have stayed . The lodge opens into the jungle and there is no fencing around it. Quite an adventurous stay but one has to exercise caution post sunset. We actually had lions outside our cottage at night and were thankful for securing the doors and not moving from one cottage to another as we had travelled in a group.The food quality is exceptional and the staff are well trained and courteous. The arrangements for the safari is well co-ordinated and planned.The African sky is a sight to behold after sunset.Watch out for the monkeys.Good photo ops with Exotic birds and picturesque spots .We were lucky to watch a wilder-beast migration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve