This lodge was well maintained with an excellent and helpful staff! One night they had a traditional dinner held outside which was lovely. This lodge had the nicest rooms that we stayed in on safari, large fans, mini-bar, clean bathroom and excellent mosquito netting. There are monkeys wandering throughout the hotel grounds, they are cute but sneaky! The buffet was good but not great, a bit bland and repetitive although the tandoori oven station was fantastic! The hippo pool is fantastic at least 10 hippo's were seen, lots of birds, and even a few crocodiles. Definitely worth staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve