we got here at the very start of the migration, largish groups of Zebra, wildebeest, hartebeest, etc. are just starting to roll in. We saw everything except cheetah. Had just about given up on a leopard but our driver was nothing if not persistent and treated us to a farewell game drive as we left. A leopard came walking around the corner as we were driving along the road. Unbelievable.
Keekorok is a splendid base for Game drives. We've stayed at the Governors camp, which is marginally better because of it'd location, but this is fine. Limited bar, buffet adequate to good, rooms smallish but ok, but it is the middle of the Mara, for goodness sake.Staff incredibly friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve