My honeymoon was in several places in kenya but it kicked off at keekorok Masai Mara during the wilder beast migration. We were given a lovely room facing "the wilderness". i have not gone back there since but there was no fence at that time and the first thing we saw when we woke up was the sun streaming through the curtains, we opened the door and saw the most beautiful sunrise, i still have the beautiful photo from that morning, i have posted it here. We had hired our own vehicle and tour guide who seemed to know where all animals were.....we came across some two lionesses and about 8 cubs walking on the road during an early morning game drive (thats the best time to watch the animals, early morning and late evening around 4) we stopped to stare...they stopped to stare...it was so amusing. The food was great, the hippo pool with the viewpoint, the staff, everything was just awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve