Keekorok was the first stop of our safari on our honeymoon and it was absolutely incredible!
The food is great for being in the middle of no-where. The hippo pool was amazing - if not quite smelly. The rooms were great, spacious and clean.
The monkeys are very cheeky, it was great fun watching the Masai guard chasing them away from the tea/coffee stand. At night Elephants came right up to the edge of the land which was great to see.
The only hard part is the drive to the lodge, it is dirt track all the way - which you expect from being in the middle of the Masai Mara, it can be quite hard on the muscles and bones after a while though.
We loved every single moment of our safari and this incredible experience started right here at Keekorok. AMAZING!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve