This is an average tourist hotel with a great location. The grounds are nice and well maintained. Hippos live in the river nearby and they come onto the grounds to graze at night. We heard them munching the grass outside our room but could not see them. There is a nice observation walkway over the river to view the hippos during the day. Our room was rather small with a weak shower. A hot pot in the room with tea, coffee and biscuits was very welcome. The bed was comfortable. Electricity goes off from 1:00-4:00 am but a large flashlight is provided in the room. Food was buffet style with lots of mediocre choices. After about two meals, it all tasted the same. The desserts were beautiful but tasteless. Keekorok Lodge was an okay place to stay for a first trip to Masai Mara, providing adequate services, but were I to return I would prefer something more rustic. It would be a good place for a family group including the old and the young.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve