Mara Crossings Camp
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$370
$315
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$152
$140
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Azure Mara Haven(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$247
Travelocity
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$174
$152
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Mara Siria Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$338
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mara Leisure Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$166
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$196
$176
  • Breakfast included
Porini Mara Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
Mara West Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
  • Restaurant
Leopard Hill(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshippos and crocodileshis teamthe riveropposite bankluxurious tentshot waterperfect staygame drivesmasai guardsasante sanaan incredible experiencebush breakfastboscobushesbanksmigrationmarvel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed three days at the well appointed Mara Crossings safari camp. The owners/hosts, camp manager, chef and staff ensured the stay was flawless from the excellent accommodations and multi-course meals to the spectacular location and twice daily safari outings. The staff was warm, welcoming, accommodating. The camp location, nestled above the Mara River, was simply breathtaking. This is my new favorite vacation destination.

pp

Reviewed July 10, 2013

From the moment we set foot in the camp we were treated like royalty. A welcome drink, and tour of the camp, with an introduction to staff members.

The camp is very intimate, and the perfect relaxation point after a day out on safari. You can sit by the river, and watch the hippos bob around the nearby waterfall. The tents are luxurious, and still manage to keep their rustic charm. Food was delicious, and the waiters went out of their way to accommodate. A special mention to Noah who was just brilliant.

Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

From the time my group and I arrived at Mara Crossings Camp, we were treated extremely very well. On arrival by plane the camp provided us with transportation by Maasai warriors in traditional dress. They were all very friendly and informative. On the way to the camp they stopped at various places for us to see the wildlife and take pictures. They were able to spot animals that were well camouflaged in the grass that we wouldn't have normally seen. When we arrived at the camp, all the staff gave us a warm welcome. Shenaz one of the owners and Sejal explained some of the basics of the camp regarding the security by Maasai warriors, water supply, electricity, etc. At dark, there was a Maasai warrior immediately available to escort you to and from your tent. The setting of the camp overlooks the Mara River with hippos and plenty of chairs, tables, and umbrellas to relax under. My tent was well decorated, extremely clean, spacious, and fully furnished with real beds, chests, a writing desk, private flush toilet, shower, and sink. There were many nice touches like the warm water bottle for your feet at night, soaps and scents in the bathroom, bed turn down at night, water heated before a shower, and meals cooked by their chefs. Every dish I ate was excellent. I was spoiled rotten having such nice 5 star food cooked for me on the spot. There were omelets made to order. I especially liked the freshly made naan. The dining tables were always very well decorated. For different meals, they would also place the tables in different locations which was a nice change of scenery. At night there was a campfire with plenty of chairs to sit around comfortably. During the day, we went on safari. All the Masai guides were very flexible. Seruni and Nick I remember the best as being excellent and knowledgeable. Seruni could answer any question you could think of about animals. I am sure the rest of them could as well. All of them were pretty good drivers for the type of terrain they were going through. Staying at Mara Crossings Camp was better in food, service, and furnishings than some 5 star hotels I've stayed at, which merely had a nice lobby. I would highly recommend doing a safari and staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Just make a reservation. All the rooms are very nice, immaculately clean, and beautifully decorated.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After a week spent working very hard, our group went to Mara crossing. From the maasai greeting us on arrival til we left, it was an incredible experience. The accommodations were better than a five star hotel. The food was fantastic. The staff were there before you could ask for anything. The safari trips were a once in a lifetime experience. I felt pampered and safe at all times. Would highly recommend this beautiful place!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rarely do I feel an urge to write a review, but our safari at Mara Crossings was nothing short of extraordinary. The camp is situated on the Mara River which provides beautiful scenery and the sound of the water and hippos at night is relaxing.

The accommodations-- the camp is brand new. As this was my first safari, when I heard the term, luxury tent, I was nervous. However, I now realize a tented camp is the way to go. The beds were quite comfortable. They provided a turndown in the evening, complete with a warm "water bottle" for your bed, as it was chilly in the evenings. This was a nice touch. All of the toiletries in the bathroom were provided and smelled of essential oils.

The food-- the chefs provided a delicious buffet lunch and breakfast (and omelettes and crepes made to order). The dinner menu had 3 options, and there was always a selection of vegetarian. The food was truly unbelievable. It rivals any fine dining in a large city.

Finally, the safari-- our location was excellent. We saw a 4 of the big 5, only lacking the rhino. Our guides were friendly and knowledgeable. They were not on a set timeframe, and made sure it was all about us. We also had the option of a hot air balloon, visiting a Masai village, and there was also an in house massage therapist.

I feel like the owners of this camp seemed to think of all the little details and extras. I would gladly stay there again.