12 people are viewing this hotel
$1,316
Priceline$1,410
CheapTickets$1,602
eDreams$1,316
All reviews game drives overlooking the valley safari experience our waiter olare motorogi conservancy masai mara jaw dropping bubble bath experienced guide the general manager breakfast in the bush every meal fantastic trip soups incredible place dining area cheetah kill
Selected filters
Reviewed September 21, 2019

We actually had visited this otherworldly Richard Branson owned camp when it was first opening; but it was only a pop in to see. Ever since it has been on our minds to spend the night in one of these spaceship looking tents...and we are truly glad we did. The modern take on a tented camp is a marvel to behold and the inside of the tents are as cool and comfortable as the outside. There are twelve tents and each one has a large private outside sitting area that looks over the conservancy. The tents have everything you need from a mini frig stocked with beverages to a bathtub with a view.
As nice as the accommodations are it is really the game drives here that are truly outstanding. The scenery is rocky and wild and so are the animals. We saw the biggest female lions we have ever encountered here as well as many baby lions and big herds of buffalo and elephants. Everywhere we drove we were amazed by the animals and the landscape.
Another plus was the wonderful staff and I loved that the gift shop had books you could purchase for the local children to use in school. The only disappointment we had was that the food was just okay; there was not enough variety.....my suggestion would be simpler fare but more colorful and abundant. But, that said.....the camp overall is excellent...and I hope one day to see Sir Richard Branson here and thank him personally for all he has done for the people and the animals in this conservancy area.
ASANTE SANA TO ALL....we will be back again.

Room tip: There is no cover when walking to your tent mid day....so it can be very hot if you have the last tent....wear a hat.
Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank luckylindy0707
VirginLimitedEdition, General Manager at Mahali Mzuri, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2019

Dear luckylindy0707

It has made me so happy to read that you were finally able to visit Mahali Mzuri and that it’s no longer something “simply on your mind”.

While I’m so pleased to hear your lovely comments about our tents, I couldn’t agree with you more that it is the game drives that really make it an incredible experience. It’s so special when you get to see the baby animals and we’re so blessed to have had the recent lion cubs - they were only born in May this year and belong to the Dikidik pride, one of our three prides in the conservancy.

Asante Sana to you too and we very much look forward to you coming back again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2019

If you are thinking about booking here, do it. We stayed here 3 nights and I loved every single minute of it. I even thought about changing our flight just so we could stay another night.

The lodge is beautiful, overlooking an area where elephants, giraffes and buffalo wonder through. When we walked in and were greeted by a herd of elephants, I knew this was the right place for us.

The "tent" we stayed in was quite possibly the most opposite of camping you could possibly get. The bathrooms are great, and include a beautiful tub. The beds are comfortable and the setting is so beautiful for a good nights sleep. The patio of our tent was private for us to enjoy the view, and the tent included a yoga mat so we could exercise during the day in between game drives.

But maybe the best part of the camp is the people. Jackson was our game drive guide, and he was amazing. So knowledgeable and we saw so many amazing animals - lion cubs, leopards, cheetah, ostriches and a million other things. One day he even arranged a full day drive so we could visit the Mara river where the crossings are. We felt so fortunate to have had this amazing drives.

At the lodge, Johnstone was our waiter and he was so attentive and wonderful to our needs. The food is absolutely amazing. The soups were spectacular, in particular. Our last night, they had a Taste of Kenya dinner with signature dishes from all over the country. It was so fun to sample so many things! The chef is truly talented.

Additionally, we were fortunate enough to have visited the spa and I highly recommend booking an appointment there. The therapists are so talented and hearing the sounds of the Mara was such a relaxing experience.

I could go on and on, but seriously this place is magical. I can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: August 2019
VirginLimitedEdition, General Manager at Mahali Mzuri, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Dear dmbandgal,

We know our guests have had a great stay when we hear that they wanted to delay their flight home! Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed and wonderful review of your time at Mahali Mzuri. It actually means ‘beautiful place’ in Swahili which we believe is very fitting.

I am over the moon to hear that you were able to enjoy so many amazing animal sightings and that Jackson was able to provide you with such an attentive game experience.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to both Jackson, Johnstone and the rest of the team, who I know will be delighted to hear all the positive feedback.

I very much hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2019

Our 4-day experience at Mahali Mzuri was exceptional from start to finish. The lodge is perfectly equipped and architecturally stunning. Still, it's the people who make this place truly memorable. From housekeeping to dining to spa treatments (possibly my best ever massage), everyone is focused on superior client service. We want to particularly call out the quality of our game viewing thanks to our outstanding guide Duncan. His experience, local knowledge (we dubbed Duncan the "mayor of the Mara") and approach to always having "a plan and patience" produced terrific results every morning and evening in a peaceful private reserve. We have been fortunate to experience outstanding wildlife on our prior safaris to Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa and Botswana and this one exceeded our high expectations.

Date of stay: August 2019
VirginLimitedEdition, General Manager at Mahali Mzuri, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear KPTraveler,

We do love to hear the word exceptional when it relates to Mahali Mzuri! Thank you very much for sharing such an amazing review following your stay with us.

It was such a joy to read of the fantastic experience you had with us and it means so much to know we have exceeded expectations, particularly when it’s our staff that made that wow factor for you. They all work incredibly hard to provide the best possible experience both on the game drives and at the camp; so it’s very rewarding for them to hear such lovely comments. I’ll be sure to also pass on your special thanks to Duncan or should I say ‘Mayor of the Mara’ who will love his new nickname and be very happy to hear your complimentary feedback.

We realise there are many wonderful safari camps to choose from and we feel very honoured that you chose Mahali Mzuri and even happier that it exceeded your expectations, so thank you from all of us here at Mahali Mzuri.

I very much hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

Where to begin with this place? Such a great lodge and such amazing people greeting you and tending to your every need. The lodge is set in a spectacular valley with views for days. Special call outs to Antony our waiter and Levy our Guide for the 4 day visit. You must ask for both of them on your upcoming visit. Special thanks for the last minute private dinner setup under the stars and by the pool with amazing lights and later a to set the mood. This is a must for anyone looking for a Mara visit. The conservatory is private with minimal vehicles and the amazing game drives and animals made the visit for sure. We had the best time. It was our 2nd Richard Branson lodge (Ulusaba last time) and worth every penny. Thanks to everyone for an AMAZING time. We were grateful and humble to be able to experience such an amazing stay and would recommend 100% to anyone debating the visit.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Slessa
VirginLimitedEdition, General Manager at Mahali Mzuri, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear Slessa

Where is there to begin, but to thank you for choosing Mahali Mzuri to come and visit and for sharing such a beautiful review for us all to read.

Undoubtedly, it is the animals that make the Mara a very special place and we are so thankful of the location Mahali Mzuri is privileged to enjoy - we get to spend every day taking in these incredible sights.

The private dinner under the stars is such a special experience and it was absolutely our pleasure to set this up for you. I’m truly humbled by your very lovely comments.

Thank you so much again for coming to visit us in the Mara and for the recommendation. I very much hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

6 of us shared 3 ‘tents’ for 4 nights at the end of July and we’re absolutely blown away by the experience. Special mention to Duncan ‘Donuts’, our ranger, chauffeur and tracker extraordinaire, to Bob, who looked after us so well at mealtimes, and to Betty, who unbelievably found my lost phone out in the wild off the beaten track where we had been watching a jackal taunting a lion at a kill! Everyone else was fantastic, too and we have all had an experience that we will remember for our lifetimes (although we may well come back....).
We had previously been to Ulusaba, the sister property in Sabi Sands, which was probably even more luxurious, but the drives here are the best I have ever had. A cat at every turn, and much more to boot. Not a cheap location, but great value for money nonetheless.
Highly recommended...

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank simoncD2987QD

Dear simonD2987QD

I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at your reference to Duncan ‘Donuts’, I will have complete pleasure in showing him this review.

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review with us and I will most certainly pass on your lovely comments to Bob and Betty too. Betty is out in the Kenyan bush almost every single day, so her eagle eye is very talented at finding things – even lost phones!

Our absolute priority at Mahali Mzuri is to create memories for a lifetime and I’m so grateful that we were able to do that for you and your party. We honestly do hope you will return to see us and all of the cats and we will ensure you are keeping tight hold of that phone next time.