Spent three nights here recently as part of our honeymoon. Was superb. Lovely location in a valley with wildlife freely roaming about - including a pride of lions on one occasion! Game drives were fantastic, half the time we had a truck and guide (George) to ourselves the rest of the time we were sharing with one other couple. Wildlife in the immediate vicinity of the camp is prolific so you don't have to go far to see a lot. Food was very good however it is a set menu for dinner so make sure you let them know if you have special requirements and it may not suit very fussy eaters. Tent very comfortable and bathroom better than expected. There is running (cold) water however they put hot water in the (bucket) shower for you just in time for your return in the evening also they deliver a jug of hot water first thing along with your wake up call (plus tea, coffee and biscuits at 6am!). Best thing however is the staff, nothing is too much trouble and with it being a small camp the service is very personal. Slight niggle for us was that most of the other guests were part of a large group so we felt like slight "outsiders" however the (new) hosts Simon and Olivia went out of their way to socialise more with us which was very much appreciated. We stayed for three nights - the days are quite "full on" (one day we were out from 6.30 am to 6.30 pm) and you see so much it is difficult to take it all in, therefore three or four nights is probably the ideal length of stay. We came armed with industrial quantities of insect repellent and used very little as there were not that many beasties. We did however use our fleeces - the early mornings and evenings are cold and especially in the truck with the windows open it's pretty windy! Highly recommended, we'd love to return but we may try one of their other camps next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our bush hideaway welcomes you to a different world, centered at the heart of the African wilderness. Experiencing a traditional luxury camp is a must on safari and, with Kicheche, one that is intimate, secluded and in an area surrounded by prolific wildlife. Staying in a bush camp doesn't mean compromising on comfort, the food and service are first class, as are the warmth and experience of Kicheche's staff making your safari an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Kicheche Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kicheche Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kicheche Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve