We visited the wonderful Mara Serena in early September following visits to the Serena Mountain Lodge and Sweetwaters Tented Camp. It would not be fair to compare these lodges for they all provide completely different experiences in very varied scenarios. We loved them all - but we loved the Mara Serena the best. Perched on a ridge high above the Mara plains the astonishing views stretch for miles, visible from every one of of the hotel rooms. They are spacious and very comfortable, brightly decorated with Masai embellishments on the mirrors and a place to sit and gaze. The restaurant provides such a huge choice of food even the fussiest eaters should be happy. But it is the game drives that take the Serena Mara way beyond excellent. We loved being in those big open topped, open sided vehicles and we saw everything we could have hoped for, and more, thanks to our amazing driver Emanuel who was determined that we should. (Could give a massive list here)! So we say go and see everything this wonderful place can show you (including Hippos under your bedroom window at night) ! Note: Take some warm clothes, it can get cold and very windy especially at 6.30 am!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve