We are welcomed by singing staff and greeted with a wet washcloth and juice.
The open-air lodge is wonderfully decorated, peaceful, and looks out onto the bush where animals roam. We are escorted on a pathway through heavy foliage to our “tent,” which is perfectly appointed and extremely well-designed for comfort and usage. The floor and roof are permanent structures, but the walls are canvas with screened windows and a large zipped, screen opening to a terrace and view. The room has double sinks and double closets. The African motif throughout Bateleur is delightful and tasteful. We enjoyed special surprises. Service is excellent (both friendly and helpful), and the game drives excellent. We enjoyed the food, but I suggest you avoid eating lettuce. Wifi is confined to the reception areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forests on the very edge of the Masai Mara, each elegant tent at andBeyond Bateleur Camp replicates the style and glamour of vintage Africa. A world of hardwood floors, polished silver and sparkling crystal is juxtaposed against the romance of the open Mara plains, with their abundant herds of wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Bateleur Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bateleur Camp At Kichwa Tembo Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Bateleur Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve