“Great 7 days safari” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Time Safari Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Big Time Safari Camp
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“Great 7 days safari”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

My 7 days safari to Amboseli, Lake Naivasha/Hell's Gate, Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara was great. I'm satisfied with the service, accommodations (camps and budget hotels), guide/driver: everything was well organized and I will definitely recommend Big Time Safaris to my friends.
A big thank to Martha and Stano!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank w0rldtraveling0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had a wonderful time with Big Time Safaris. My travel was Nov 2013. I had excellent photo opportunity and made some wonderful friends.

They received me at the bus stop and took me to the Big Time Safaris Office. After cleaning up and breakfast, I booked for the next day's trip. We were 3 in the group.

Accommodation and food - We stayed at the Miti Mingi Eco Camp Maasai Mara. It is a decent place on good budget with hot water for all time. The staff were good and courteous. The food was very good. Loved the stay there.

The guide - Jackson was our guide/ driver. He was amazing, knowledgeable and friendly. He has good contacts and got us close to various animals. We had a blast of a time.

David - The review would be incomplete if I dont mention about him. He has become my personal friend. He was our contact with Big Time Safaris. He has taken trouble of receiving me and seeing me off, beyond I was expecting.

If I go again, I would definitely hire their service again.

My Safari Photos:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/SelimAzad/media_set?set=a.10152074067037220.1073741836.695727219&type=3
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/selimazad/sets/72157638186648755/

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had booked a 7-day Safari. We had organized and aligned on everything in advance (incl pickup and lift from and to the Airport), communication with Martha from BTS was easy. Our guide Patrick had accompanied us the whole trip; we were greatly taken care of and due to him had seen much more than just the big 5 and all their babies. Food was very nice, breakfasts had been the best ones during our stay in Kenya-all freshly made - in Amboseli, cook Butelesi was with us. Camps in Maasai Mara and Amboseli offered nice big tents with 2-3 beds and concrete bathroom at top side - incl nice hot showers. In Amboseli, sometimes energy did not work in early Mornings, but big lights were available.
We can well recommend Big Time Safari.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kathmandu, Nepal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

It was a wonderful experience for me. I have never felt before like this what I am feeling now. Here, in Kenya, people very nice and co-operative. Good hospitality, good management and they are professional.

Maasai mara reserve park is like a another world for wild animals. We can see various types of wild animals in a single park. Accommodation in maasai mara is very nice. Near the Maasai mara camp there is Maasai village where visitor can find different life style.

At last I would like to thank Big Time Safaris Ltd. for providing me this chance to see Maasai Mara Reserve Park and I cant leave Kenya without thanking Mr. David and Joseph for their help. I love Kenya and I insist you must come once if u love nature and wildlife. I will definitely come again........
TILL THEN GOOD BYE KENYA............

Room Tip: all is ok none of the tents i can say as more facilities than any other,all is great. Any tent alloc...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janak G
Aguascalientes, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had already wire transferred a large sum of money, before reading this reviews, which immediately made me uncomfortable… we decided to go with this fellows only after checking their itineraries and prices and compared them with other travel agencies, which were outstandingly lower.
I must say I asked specifically for an unforgettable honeymoon at a little bit above the average budget (THAT IS WHY I USED BTS ONLY AS A TRAVEL AGENCY and that is why I didn't stay at their place which I overlooked and thought to my self you get what you pay for), yet results of my investment couldn’t be better … all suggested hotels were “SURPRISINGLY DELIGHTFUL” not to mention that they were able to throw In two flights from Masai Mara to Arusha on the Tanzanian side, which our rear ends appreciated very much… TIP: the lack and poor condition of roads make this highly recommendable; just ask how long’s the drive from A to B by hours, not by distance.
The Driver on this side lacked some experience compared to the Kenyan one (my maaan Patrick), but just as diligent and willing, then again, Patrick worked for Big Time Safaris and Zigi a subcontracted Guide.

Our third destination was the Island of Zanzibar where even though we suffered from a flight change (airline related) that required us to leave at 4:00 AM in order to catch our plane, BTS arranged the driver to be there on time.

All this must sound like what a regular travel agency must provide… but been at a place where “HAKUNA MATATA” Is the most popular saying, really counts.

I am sorry for what other tourists experienced with BTS, from my part… I would definitely recommend this company (AS A TRAVEL AGENCY) any time, remember an african trip has many destinations and it is nice to have someone local to back you up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
kinshasa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The BIG TIME SAFARI happened when i was looking for an agent for a four day safari in Masaimara and one of my friend suggested i should go with them. i must say right from my reception early in the morning at 0500hrs by David ...to the interaction in their office where i was given the itenary for my entire trip and to my pleasant surprise all the things mentioned in my emails to them prior to my visit were all present in the plan i received..which i think was very professional. I had booked a full day Nairobi tour for which i had an independent vehicle from 0900hrs till 2230hrs ...and following day i was picked up dot on time .....and we reached Miti Mingi camp very near to Oloolaimutia Gate ....it was nicely set up tented accomodation ...very basic but an excellent staff ...specially the chef who went out of his way to make some amazing indian food for me. The safari proper was one of the best experiences ...what made the difference was our guide Patrick ...because of whom we got the best possible safari experience that our group could have imagined.....his way of conducting the safari was very interesting and saw a whole lot of animals ...incl a leopard with his kill on a tree...which was just fantastic.... I was also helped out to book the baloon safari which was another extraordinary experience ....on my way back my train reservations were booked by them for Mombasa and David was kind to take me around to do a few personel work i had and also see me off right till the railway station of Nairobi....without any extra money.....it was a great experience owing to the fact that there are numerous small agents floating around who dont even have a office leave alone their own safari vehicles....so if you go with one of those you end up paying much more as they fix you up with some big safari agents and take the commission for it from your pocket......big time safaris WAS JUST THE RIGHT CHOICE.

Room Tip: Excellent value for money option...!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lucknow, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I visited the Masai Mara along with my family in July 2012. The accommodation was decent but could definitely do with a makeover. There was a problem of electricity with timings laid down and we had to go to the dining area for charging mobiles and cameras' batteries. There was no power sockets in the tents. However, the service was outstanding. The manager in charge was Mr Joseph and he was very particular in looking after us. Being vegetarian is a problem in Kenya, but both him and the cook looked after us really well. They were also considerate enough to cater for special needs of our two year old daughter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
#79 of 140 in Maasai Mara National Reserve
Oltome Resorts
Oltome Resorts
#74 of 140 in Maasai Mara National Reserve

Been to Big Time Safari Camp? Share your experiences!