Tripadvisor
Maasai Mara National Reserve
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews don't expect luxury masai mara the reserve breakfast and dinner hot shower comfortable beds packed lunch every evening game drives generator gate electricity accommodation camp tents safari nairobi
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I had a good time. The rooms are amazing l loved the sunset view... The vacation was totally awesome. Why lie for the prices are affordable, good for the pocket... I would kill to visit again.. Workers are very friendly.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2019

I have been to Nairobi several time but i have never really seen the attractions. After some convincing from my friend we decided to visit Masai Mara . I had read some reviews about Rhino Tourist Camp so i was not expecting much. When we got there i was quite surprised . The camp is arranged in a very nice setting. One thing i noticed was that it was fully booked but one could not really tell since the dining area has 2 floors and the food was in plenty. The camp is like 1 km from the gate to Masai Mara so we did not waste time and we enjoyed the stay. The only down part was that there was no wifi but the manager ensured us that it was in the pipeline.
All in all it was a good experience

Room tip: The deluxe rooms are better
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2019

We stayed at Rhino Tourist Camp in April of 2019. I looked at pictures before so I was prepared that we would be doing budget camping. The camp could easily be a great place to stay if they would improve the quality of food, (more meat and less joints in stew; buying better brands of jam, coffee and butter; always have cold drinks on hand; pack better lunches for safaris) clean up the common area in the middle of camp, (the pavilion was used to store old computers, old mosquito nets, broken chairs and the like) buy new place mats, have camp chairs on porches, and replace shower heads in bathrooms. The staff was very friendly. Would go again but would pack more food.

Room tip: Pick a room away from the bonfire at night. Guests were rowdy and tents let in all sound.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2019

If you are on a budget and want good accommodation while in Masai Mara, I recommend Rhino Camp. The services are incredible, the staff is super friendly and the meals are perfect. They switch on the generator at sunset and it runs for a decent time to allow for recharging of the camera equipment I carry.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

It's location by the Reserve gate is excellent. Also a great deal for the price. A bit less variety of food and power is available only about 7 hours a day, but one has to balance this with the affordability. Overall, a great deal and provided a great rest for me and my spouse after each game drive.

Date of stay: November 2018