“Best Place I Ever Stayed In!”

Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp
Aalter, Belgium
“Best Place I Ever Stayed In!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This camp was amazing. We got a warm welcome when we arrived. The staff is very friendly and helpful! The environment is beautiful and from the terrace at your tent, you can see the animals drinking from the river. The food is delicious! The tents are very nice and they have an eye for detail. Our driver Daniel was fantastic. Thanks to him we saw the Big Five! I would recommend this place to everyone who wants to enjoy their stay at Masai Mara!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Emmy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
channel islands
Reviewed November 28, 2012

we stayed at this amazing lodge in August with our 13 and 15 year old boys and words just dont decribe how amazing our 1st family safari was .
we were collected from the air strip in a very comfortable jeep by one of the lovely Davids and did a short safari on the way to the lodge. On arrival we were greeted with a choice of hot or cold towels I can only decribe this place as like you have walked into a Ralph Lauren photo shoot it was stunning our tents took my breath awaysleeping was a little disturbed but this due to the neighbours(the hippos) and to be able to lie in the rolltop bath watching the hippos/neighbours in the river well what more can I say.
The food was very good the wines good quality and service was always wonderful except for the picnic on our full day out that could defiently do with improvment as the food was so bad that I complained to the manager no sooner than I did this she sent over a plate of smoked salmon blinis and other lovely nibbles to tied us over before dinner it showed the level of service which I thought was very high.
Our game drives were very memorable and I dont think I have ever seen both our boys smile so much . The day we went to watch the wilderbeast crossing the river was such an amazing experiance and I think we were only able to see this as our guide new just were to go and even though nothing seemed to be happening and many other jeeps were leaving the area he insisted that we stay and how lucky we did watching the crossing was incredible .
such a great 1st safari that even though I did not think it would be for me( never thought I would be happy sleeping in a tent) I am hooked.

2 Thank cisparkle
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I can't recommend Exploreans Mara Rianta highly enough; it was one of the best holidays I've ever had! The staff were all welcoming and couldn't do enough for you which explains many of the reviews here. Nothing is too much trouble and the little things (hot water bottles in your bed at night for example) make this a real treat. Beautiful location, beside the Mara river where Hippos were a permanent feature. The tents were spacious, tastefully decorated and very comfortable (although quite cold at night in early June).The food was plentiful and beautifully presented. The very best thing about the holiday in my opinion was the game driver, David. Extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to making your experience special, David was easy to talk to and shared his knowledge about the wildlife and Kenyan whilst out on the game drives. We were very lucky to have him to ourselves, and this meant that he adapted the drives to suit us. It wasn't cheap, but worth every penny and more. I only hope I can go back sometime

Room Tip: We had the tent next to the main hotel area which was wonderful if you want to wake to the sound of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jacquie b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Exploreans at Mara Rianta is maybe the most exquisite place I´ve been in my life . It belongs to The Small Luxury Collection Hotels, and since the first moment you arrive and the staff goes out to greet you , it is easy to know what to expect. Not only the place where it is located is beautiful, in front of the Mara river, the camp itself, furniture, decorations etc are more than amazing. The staff working there are kind, polite and super professional. Great customer service.Food is also excellent. Great variety and super fresh ingredients, and top chefs. The game drives they offer are very good. I will go back if I am back to Kenya. it is also a very romantic place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Every review emotionally rates this camp as excellent to very good with lots of emotion etc. On the other hand it is rated as five star and charges $$$ accordingly. On that basis some reviews need to be more subjective and deal with some the things that were not emotionally moving such as lukewarm showers, tempermental flushing toilets, very hard beds and once again as with the Exploreans Ngorongoro Lodge semi warm food delivered on huge square dinners plates which were probably cold when the food was "plated". Food was better than Ngorongoro however. I object to reviews which are vindictive due to someones complete dissatisfaction and generally disregard them and look for straight forward subjective reviews which give you an honest opinion about what you are about to spend your hard earned $$ on.
The staff were attentive very polite and friendly. Internet access $15USD per 24hrs and slow.
The game drives very long on some days especially going to see the "river crossing" by Wilderbeasts zebra etc. The packed lunch and breakfast menus you can choose for the long days where you are away from camp are quite ordinary.
We saw more animals closer to camp. Our driver David knew where to find the Leopard and we saw three of the other big five but the Rhino eluded him. Perhaps we can thank humans for that! All in all enjoyable but probably not repeatable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dan M
Muscat
Reviewed September 4, 2012

i had the best vacation staying at this hotel. they have the best customer service and the butler is very helpful. the manager of the camp is very warm and helpful. it was a treat staying here at the end of our holiday. the food is fantastic and service for kids is excellent.
a perfect getaway from the city life. wonderful experience.

Baghdad Iraq
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have two days experience with it, nice facility, nice staff, nice management, even the camp is small only with twenty tents, but they provide excellent service to their customers, the service team has covered whole Conner, inside of camp and out site of camp(safari), also the camp recently open( last year) with Swedish managers, we are plan visit them again. Bin

1 Thank zhang1092