“GOOD CHOICE”

Kicheche Valley Camp
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Jt safaris booked us into Kicheche Valley after we had been gazumped from another mara camp and I have to say that the tents are fantastic as well as the food and hosts Brandon and Val. The wildlife in the area is not as varied as the central mara but all in all a great camp and we'll worth a visit. Thanks to Johnson our guide who tried his heart out to find us the elusive leopard, but it just was not to be seen. However, the cheetah and it's impala kill more than made up for it. A big thank you again, Ken,Lynn, and Katie

Room Tip: All very good
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very relaxed camp with excellent hosts. Super conservancy , great game viewing. We had Frances who was an excellent guide. Loved communal dining where all shared our daily experiences. Would thoroughly recommend this camp .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My new Wife and I stayed there for 3 nights on the 2nd week of July 2013. It was superb and I don't think we could better it. The camp is very well thought out, the staff and hosts are superb and the guide could give a University lecturer a run for his money on Ecology! Wildlife was literally meters from the decking by day and the guard was around by night to ensure they didn't try to join us in the huge comfy beds. Our only issue was meeting Ants in our room one night (very funny for me, not so for her!) with in minutes I radioed through and they were in and dealing with the matter. they moved us to the next door tent and all was fine. From what I have learnt if you want to see the most amount of wildlife go here rather than the Masa itself. We really could not fault them, I have done several Safari's and this was the best by miles. The food was also superb.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had heard a lot about Valley Camp before I arrived whilst staying at of their sister camps, Mara Camp and so almost had butterflies by the time the 4x4 pulled up. The absolutely breath-taking setting at Valley Camp is surely one of the finest in Africa. Designed with such care and thought, the wrap-around ‘mess’ area has views of the Mara and beyond from every angle. Upon seeing the view from my tent I was unsure how I would be able to tear myself away for lunch.

This place impressed me from the moment I arrived. Room with a View doesn't do this vantage point justice, it is truly spectacular. Kicheche Valley Camp was just as had been described, it's an expertly run luxury boutique camp in a beautiful setting, offering an abundance of wildlife on its doorstep.

Francis was my guide for the wildlife drives and was brilliant company, a true Mara expert there is no fact that Francis doesn’t know. The landscape and birdlife in the Naboisho Conservancy were enthralling. When chatting to the charming other guests at the camp the overall feedback was really excellent, a testament to Val and Brendan’s fabulous laid-back yet knowledgeable host style.

It's easy to see why this camp is so well regarded, a truly authentic Mara experience, I hope to return one day!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Kicheche Valley camp, followed by a single night in the Kicheche Bush camp.
We liked the comfort of the tent accommodation, that can be described as luxurious. The relative small scale of the camp (six tents) assured a lot of personal attention from the staff, the hosts Val and Brendan (thanks guys!) and the guide.
Not only did we see leopards on multiple occasions, but also had the chance to see the rare African dogs on the very first day of our stay. The abundance of wildlife in the near vicinity of the camp made for great safari's.
Heavy rainfall did neither stop our vehicles, nor the commitment of our guide Mika to proudly show us all his birth ground has to offer.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed as part of a Kicheche package, 4 nights Laikipia, 4 nights Valley, 4 nights Bush Camp.
Naboisho is a new conservancy and when you are out on your game drives you feel as if you are the only ones there; it is very rare to see another vehicle.

Our guide was the very eloquent Mika, he is an amazing guide. We didn’t expect to see such a large variety of animals in this reserve, but we saw so much including eagles, a Verreaux’s Eagle Owl and all three big cats.

Brendan and Val are caring hosts. The same can be said for all the staff (a fact which repeats in all Kicheche camps) who are lovely too. Good food and all the usual Kicheche comforts.

Great time!

Room Tip: All tents are excellent.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just back from the most amazing safari experience! Stayed for 3 nights at the Valley Camp, and was blown away by the whole thing. The camp itself was really luxurious and comfortable, the tents were brilliant and beautifully appointed - even had hot and cold running water - the food was fantastic, and Val and Brendan were perfect hosts. But most importantly we were blessed with Mika, the most amazing and expert guide, who in the space of 3 days introduced us to a huge variety of game, including lion, cheetah and leopard! I couldn't believe our luck (and Mika's skill), and although I'm sure the cat sightings can't be guaranteed, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this camp to anyone looking for the best kind of safari experience.