Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa
Amani Mara Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$690
$658
  • Breakfast included
Olarro(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,370
Mara Engai Wilderness Lodge(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$1,427
  • Breakfast included
Mara Serena Safari Lodge(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$559
  • Breakfast included
Little Governors' Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$879
  • Restaurant
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$426
$348
  • Breakfast included
Mara Leisure Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$277
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$998
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Entumoto Safari Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$603
$2,119
All reviewswalking safarisafari experiencethe managersgame drivesindoor showerbucket showergracious hostshis knowledgethe reservewonderful experiencelions roaringhot water bottlesanimal sightingsguide danielbush walksized bedgreat guide
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our first trip to Kenya and our first safari were truly highlighted by our stay at Naboisho Camp. The relief manager, Mariana and all of the warm and friendly staff there made us feel special and truly welcome. The game that we were able to see - starting at the landing strip - were exactly as one would anticipate for a first time visit. Even though the rain dispersed the animals - our guide Wilson and tracker, Christine (one of the few Maasai women in the business) were able to give us wonderful viewings of many species. The food which we were delighted to partake of was fresh, extremely tasty and also a super variety to chose from. Any specific culinary requests, ie; vegetarian, were not a problem at all. It was quite a thrill to hear the lion and elephant close to camp or in camp at night. The security escorted us at night so we were never concerned. The tents were lovely, immaculate and we loved the outdoor shower.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms(tents) are a little walk so if you are concerned during the rains request one closer to the lodge. Ours was one of the furthest and had the most spectacular view of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Macsontheroad
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about Naboisho Camp and their staff! The camp is beautiful, the tents are extremely comfortable and nicely decorated. The common areas are also large and comfy and pleasant. The staff is the bomb! Everything we could hope for, especially for our first time visiting a conservancy in this area. The game was plentiful with loads of lions (with cubs), lots of plains game, elephants and cheetahs too! I must give a shout out to the superb chef - what an outstanding job - especially with a couple of picky vegetarians!! I was thrilled at the meals everyday and shocked I actually lost weight. Fresh baked bread everyday, desserts to die for, etc!! I highly recommend a stay at Naboisho and if you can get Ben and Rakita as your guides do so!! I hope to return one day very soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jlh67
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I can highly recommend to stay with Asilia Africa to enjoy Kenya and the Maasai Mara region to its fullest. Here you will find all that an old world safari would bring to you minus the blood on your hands. You can submerge and enjoy nature and the unique culture of the proud Maasai people. The Naboisho camp comsists of only a handful of beautifully appointed tents and a main mess building, which is very cleverly functioning as everything from lounge to tent depending on the weather and on what animal parole the perimeter outside. The guides and staff at the camp will ensure that all tour needs are taken care of, and they can customize your days according to what you would like to see, or how. Here you can drive out and traverse great distances in search of the elusive leopard or to view the prides of lions in play but you can also decide to stalke and walk up to these magnificent creatures with your guides. I took my three children with me here, ages 3, 10 and 12. Many would think it was too much to take small children on a trip like this, but I can assure you that it was safe, and it had given them an advantage to their peers unparraleled to any experience. Our trip equals to a year in school. Naboisho is a luxury camp, and it leaves no detail out. It is incredibly impressive to find such luxury in the dead middle of nowhere. The people are kind, and when it was our time to leave we parted in tears. Never before did this happen to me, although I have truly traveled around the entire globe. All I can say beware: your heart will be stolen and captive for life.

Room Tip: You can not go wrong. Pick a tent depending how brave you are. If you want to sleep with the lions take a tent farther away from the center of the camp... It is safe, and unforgettable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Hasznos-Munro-groupp
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I just completed a seventeen day safari experience in Tanzania and Kenya. We stayed in six different camps and Naboisho Camp was a favorite, a perfect blend of hospitality, comfort, adventure and wildlife.

Why did this luxury camp leave such an impression? I’ll do my best.

Imagine hearing lions in the night sky and awaking the next morning to a hot drink and your safari adventure. As you drive out of camp, and within minutes, you are surrounded by Impala, gazelle and the ever present zebra. You drive a little further and see the lions from the night before. For us, this was a pride of eleven -three male, four female and their cubs. This sighting is not completely unique. What is unique is the number of other vehicles sharing this magical moment – just two. That’s your experience here - beautiful sights, sounds and an opportunity for these special sightings in a more intimate setting.

You come back to camp and are greeted by Roeloff and Helen, your most gracious hosts, and offered a cool towel for your hands and a warm breakfast for your tummy. A quiet walk back to your tent and there awaits a hot shower. Although you can shower in room, I’d recommend showering in your outside, private, stone enclosed shower. A perfect morning. Thank goodness we booked this camp for three nights.

My last story for your consideration is a walking safari with Roeloff. Safari by truck is one experience but walking with Roeloff, a smart, thoughtful, passionate guide is something you do not want to miss. This morning as we walked out of camp and into the bush, we arrived at beautiful grassland once again dotted with topi, gazelle, and zebra. To our left, and at a ‘comfortable’ distance, was not one or two but four lioness calmly enjoying the morning sun and clearly visible with the naked eye. Roeloff says ‘let’s get closer’, and our group of three (Roeloff, my wife and I) move slowly and quietly closer for a sighting that lasted well over thirty minutes. Not another person in sight. Just us, a morning sunrise, the sounds of zebra barking in the background and a guide who described the details of these beautiful creatures and the setting we now enjoyed.

We also visited a Masai village one evening before dinner. Beautiful people sharing a little bit of themselves in a relaxed setting and not a staged preformance. Do this as well. The best way to feel the texture of Africa is to get closer to the people here. This visit with our guide Dixon was yet another wonderful opportunity for us and left a lasting impression.

So…… go to the “Mara”. Stay here. Stay three nights so you can immerse yourself in amazing moments, be treated with great kindness, fed sumptuous food, and enjoy a luxurious tent. Naboisho Camp a perfect safari experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Just stay three nights - two is not enough.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rnfyles
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just returned from a month long trip to Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar. The Naboisho Camp was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. The game viewing was outstanding and private. For breakfast we could watch Zebras, Cape Buffalo and other animals at the watering hole. We went to Tanzania after Naboisho and there were so many vehicles jockeying for the perfect picture we felt sorry for the animals. We travel extensively and the Naboisho Camp matches or exceeds other five star hotels that we have stayed at throughout the world. While we stayed at the camp we thoroughly enjoyed the walking safari with Roelof and the breakfast on the plains but the Naboisho Camp was extra-extraordinary for my Wife’s Birthday. At the time of booking I had advised that it would be her Birthday while we were at the camp. For High Tea the Chef Richard made her a Chocolate Cake and the Maasi guides brought it out singing Happy Birthday. The cake was complete with candles that would just not extinguish and was served to everyone at the camp. For sundowner our guide Benjamin had a “flat tire” on the plains and brought out a basket with Champagne and hors d’oeuvres. When we returned to the Camp a table was set for us by the fire where we enjoyed dinner. I can’t Thank Helen, Roelof, Benjamin, Rakita and Richard enough for making the Day so memorable – it is one that my Wife will not soon forget.
P.S. I got lots of brownie points for making Her Birthday so special.... you outdid me!

Room Tip: All rooms have an excellent view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple