July 2011 we went to the Masai Mara game reserve and we stayed in two tented camps, Rekero and Naibosiho. Naibosiho is a conservancy just outside the Mara. It has a very different scenery compared to the Mara, it has some open plains but is mainly populated with wonderful acacia trees. The wild life is truly exceptional, night drives are available and gives an extra dimension to a safari. Obviously the Mara is a wonderful place to visit but visiting Naibosiho is a highly recommended as well. It is still unspoiled territory and has a unique feel to it. The camp is perfectly organized, luxurious with an eye for detail. A great host welcomes you and all of the staff is marvelous. The chef was very well trained and the food was fantastic, a healthy kids meal was made for our 5 and 8 year old daughters. Lunch is served outside overlooking the acacia trees, dinner is served inside a truly unique open structure. The tents are perfect, an open air shower is waiting for you when you arrive back to camp after a day of game watching.
The guides are well trained, they have great knowledge about the area. They know the animals and their behavior and therefore you are very likely to see a lot of wild life. We got a private guide, every day we had either a great breakfast with us or lunch depending on the plan for the day. All was very well looked after. We had a great time and we cannot wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the 210 km² private Mara Naboisho Conservancy, Naboisho Camp offers spectacular game viewing, from the herds of antelope that dot the plains of this wilderness corridor throughout the year to the high concentrations of predators, including lion and cheetah. But the real magic of Naboisho is its sheer exclusivity - you'll experience a level of safari solitude and serenity simply unheard of in the busy Serengeti and Maasai Mara reserves. With just nine spacious tented suites, Naboisho is an intimate and elegant safari camp that balances your wilderness experience with discreet creature comforts. Even better, it is one of just two Asilia camps where you have the option of fly camping. If you have a truly adventurous spirit, don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in the magic of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve