This by far the best lodge i have ever stayed in. The tents, if that's what you want to call them are absolutely superb. They all look out into the plans which are filled with zebras, gazelles and wildebeests. From time to time you'll see some lions and elephants out in the hills, but don't worry you'll get nice and close to them on your drives. The bedroom, bath and sitting area are all tastefully designed, as well as the outside shower area was my favorite place to visit. Especially when we arrived back at camp. Some folks may look at bucket showers as a negative, but I loved it! In all my days, I never once ran out of water. Of course if you ever did, they have a person standing by to add more water immediately.
The Staff, Do Do and Jono (Lodge Managers) these two make this property run as smooth as silk. When you're here, you feel like you're staying in there home. As for our conversation and entertainment. I can say I never had so much fun at a lodge before, from our silly lunch conversations under the trees, to our discussions of the daily sightings by the fire/fireplace (depending on the weather of course), to our in depth conversations at dinner. These two will make you feel like you're staying at your good friends vacation home. I have to say it was sad to leave this camp, which is a first for me.
As for the game, you'll see some great lion prides. Who are still a little shy, since this is a new conservatory. All the animals here are still getting used to the visitors and vehicles. I would say in a few more months the guides and trackers will have this placed nailed down. However, with that being said, I can honestly say you won't be disappointed in any of the game. We saw cheetahs, lions, wildebeests, zebras, advark wolf (very rare), elephants, buffalo, hyena, and so much more.
The food at Naboisho, which I'm a huge foodie. Was absolutely top notch! I would put there chef up against some of the great chefs here in Scottsdale. Before my stay, I spent a couple of days at the Rekero Tent Camp (RTC), the food at RTC was really good. However, the presentation along with the small additions of spices and other items made Naboisho's food a step above RTC. Just to clarify, both camps had very good food, but I was more impressed with Naboisho's.
I hope this helps in planning your trip, this was another great trip planned by Jay. Thank you Jay, I hope to book another trip with you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the 210 km² private Mara Naboisho Conservancy, Naboisho Camp offers spectacular game viewing, from the herds of antelope that dot the plains of this wilderness corridor throughout the year to the high concentrations of predators, including lion and cheetah. But the real magic of Naboisho is its sheer exclusivity - you'll experience a level of safari solitude and serenity simply unheard of in the busy Serengeti and Maasai Mara reserves. With just nine spacious tented suites, Naboisho is an intimate and elegant safari camp that balances your wilderness experience with discreet creature comforts. Even better, it is one of just two Asilia camps where you have the option of fly camping. If you have a truly adventurous spirit, don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in the magic of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve