We booked our safari to Ashnil Mara Camp while, staying at Baobab Beach resort Kenya. We booked with a local tour guide Jackal Adventures & Safaris. We were picked up at 7:30 by taxi and taken to Diani air strip about 3 miles away. Clearing security was quick and simple. After a short delay while our air craft was being refiled we departed about 8:45. After flying past Mount Kilimanjaro we made the first of 3 landings to let off passengers for other safari camps total flight time was approximately 2 hours We were met at Olkiombo air strip by driver and guide Musa. The drive from the air strip took about 45 minutes through marvellous countryside stopping for photo opportunities. After checking in and being shown our tent which was a canvas palace we were treated to a first class lunch. We met Musa for the afternoon safari drive which was excellent Musa knew all the right locations for some perfect photos. Our evening meal was again very good and the highlight was the Maasia greeting. After our meal we sat around a small fire and ordered a few drinks which were priced very reasonable. At the end of the evening we were shown back to our tent which had been prepared for the night we fell asleep to sound of hippopotamuses in the river outside our tent. After a good breakfast we left the camp for our safari drive. Musa had arranged a packed lunch so we could have more time to take in the sights and visit the Maasia Village before being taken to the air strip. The staff at the Mara camp were exceptional. The camp is fantastic and everything is done to make you feel welcome our only regret is that we were unable to stay longer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ASHNIL MARA CAMP The game drive experience offered at Ashnil Mara Camp is guaranteed to fascinate any safari enthusiast. For those in love with flora and fauna, the drive to go on safari is triggered by the desire to see wildlife and vegetation in their natural habitat. We give you an opportunity to spot wildlife on a running commentary of information given by our experienced driver guides. Our game drives are conducted in 4x4 vehicles, which are equipped to cover the rough terrains associated with safaris. The camp comprises 56 luxurious tents set overlooking the picturesque vast of Mara. Come catch the wildebeest migration amid a raw blend of luxury and the wild. A true destination with a difference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Ashnil Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashnil Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ashnil Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve