We were stayed there 3 nights at the end of the safari tour.Very nice property, good location ,right behind the Maara river .We got the room number 1 which is right next to the bar .Can't take the noise so I was asked if I can have another room for the next 2 nights.The staffs was so nice to be able accommodate us to the different room .Love every minute during our stays ,there were 2 big crossing right behind the dining room ,one at the afternoon and one in the morning .I missed the afternoon one but the morning one was sure make it up for it .They must have crossing for at lest 12 minutes or more.The staff at the dining room was super nice.
The Tent is quiet big ,especially the bathroom .The weather can get hot during the hour after lunch when you were waiting for the afternoon safari ,but the fan does help a lot to ventilate the air.I found the weather at night is pretty comfortable even though the electricity does cut off after 12 until 5 in the morning.I bought the flashlight but didn't have to use it .I used my phone for the flashlight .I love the sitting area outside the tent a lot .Spend a couple hours there reading every afternoon between lunch and safari time.
Saw a lot of animals included Leopard and plenty of Lions.We were pretty lucky to see the 4 wildebeest crossing and each time for a good 10 min .
The food is quiet good for the camp .The bed is comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ASHNIL MARA CAMP The game drive experience offered at Ashnil Mara Camp is guaranteed to fascinate any safari enthusiast. For those in love with flora and fauna, the drive to go on safari is triggered by the desire to see wildlife and vegetation in their natural habitat. We give you an opportunity to spot wildlife on a running commentary of information given by our experienced driver guides. Our game drives are conducted in 4x4 vehicles, which are equipped to cover the rough terrains associated with safaris. The camp comprises 56 luxurious tents set overlooking the picturesque vast of Mara. Come catch the wildebeest migration amid a raw blend of luxury and the wild. A true destination with a difference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Ashnil Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashnil Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ashnil Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve