I visited Mara in late July for two nights. This place is great. The hosts are very welcoming. The manager Faheem is a nice and interesting guy you gotta talk to. The room was clean and spacious. The only downside was that hot water wasn't reliable, but the hotel crew was quick on fixing it. Frankly, I wasn't expecting reliable hot water in Mara as I would in NYC. They gave me a tiny padlock and told me to lock the zip of the tent from inside. Otherwise, monkeys could break in in the middle of night. It's great that monkeys are around the camp site. Outdoor lights at night can be insufficient, but they go an extra step to ensure security by having four guards patrol the site all night long. Bonfires are set up after dinner, and folklore was told.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tented Camp at the bottom of the Nairok Hills. Peaceful, tranquil, perfect for bird watchers and those looking for a time out from the hustle and bustle of the city. We are working on having a kiddies corner, arrange for hikes, nature walks, balloon safaris, special honey moon surprises. We aim to make your holiday a memorable one. All that is needed is a sense of humour, a need for relaxation and time for yourself : ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Oltome Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oltome Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Oltome Resorts Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve