Oltome Mara was beautiful and very relaxing. The bathrooms are nicely designed and spotless, and the abundance of trees on the property provides a much-needed shady counterpoint to the grasslands, especially in the dry season. The staff are friendly, but without the usual endless stream of small talk that neither party wants to engage in, which is refreshing. The beds were very comfortable, with a really nice mosquito net setup.
I would recommend the 3-day package - having transportation from Nairobi taken care of makes everything so much easier, and that's more than enough time on game drives, especially if you're doing wildlife-related activities elsewhere.
And last but not least, the managers are so friendly and accommodating, and that made all the really nice amenities that much more enjoyable : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tented Camp at the bottom of the Nairok Hills. Peaceful, tranquil, perfect for bird watchers and those looking for a time out from the hustle and bustle of the city. We are working on having a kiddies corner, arrange for hikes, nature walks, balloon safaris, special honey moon surprises. We aim to make your holiday a memorable one. All that is needed is a sense of humour, a need for relaxation and time for yourself : ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Oltome Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oltome Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Oltome Resorts Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve